MAVIC COSMIC ULTIMATE TUBULAR WHEELSET 2018
There is a reason why the Mavic Cosmic Ultimate Tubular Wheelset 2018 is one of the top choices for pro riders. Mavic's decades in the wheel building business has led them to create an ultra-light and strong 3K carbon fibre weave. This weave forms the construction of the rim, which has been shaped using Mavic's progressive aerodynamic technology to create an ultra-low drag profile and a low 1250 gram weight for the wheelset as a whole.
At 40mm deep and with elliptical sidewalls, these wheels offer superb crosswind stability and a superb rolling speed. Combined with Mavic's 25mm wide Yksion Pro GripLink (front) and PowerLink (rear) tubulars, these tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip with a supple 210 TPI construction.
The FTS-L freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adapter (sold separately). The Instant Drive 360 freewheel engages at 9˚ increments, which reduces the amount of power you waste pushing the pedal before the freewheel is engaged.
To keep the weight of the wheelset down without negatively impacting stiffness or aerodynamics, Mavic has used unidirectional carbon fibre spokes on the front and the rear which has been moulded into the rim. The R2R spoke patterning is lighter and stiffer than any other lacing pattern with the spoke travelling one side of the rim, through the hub and out to the rim on the other side.
Braking is taken care of with a reinforced carbon fibre brake track. The brake track is then finished with a laser machining to ensure the best braking efficiency. Included carbon brake pads mean the wheels are ready to go out of the box.
- 2x Carbon brake pads pairs
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide
- 2x Rim tape
- 2x BR601 titanium quick release skewers
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink tubular 25mm (front) & PowerLink tubular 25mm (rear) Tyres
- Tyre casing: 210 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single-compound
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink tubular (front) and PowerLink tubular (rear) tyres, 700 x 25
- Tyre weight: 270 grams
- Dimension: 28"-25
- Breaker: Polyamide
- Recommended tyre sizes: 23 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- For greater longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo, convertible to XD-R with optional driver body
- Front and rear axle quick release only
- Rim weight reduction: ISM
- Depth: 40mm
- ETRTO size: 28" tubular
- Rim material: 3K carbon fibre
- Tyre: Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink tubular (front) and PowerLink tubular (rear) tyres
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Brake track: Carbon with iTgMAX technology
- Spoke material: Unidirectional carbon fibre
- Spoke count: 20 front and rear
- Nipples: Brass, ABS
- Spoke lacing: Crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non-drive side
- Spoke shape: R2R
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Weight: Pair - 1250g, front - 555g, rear - 695g