MAVIC COSMIC PRO CARBON CLINCHER WHEELSET 2018
The perfect balance between affordability and speed, the Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Clincher Wheelset 2018 has a 45mm deep NACA airfoil profile, offering low drag in any conditions. The 45mm depth profile also adds versatility to this wheelset, meaning that it can be used for anything from hilly routes to fast and flat circuits.
Aerodynamic efficiency is further boosted by the integration of 25mm width tyres with the 25mm external rim width. This prevents the aerodynamically inefficient 'lightbulb' profile that can come from narrower rims, and gives the wheelset less drag and more responsive steering in crosswinds.
The 17mm rim width also helps to increase the air capacity of the tyres, which has several advantages. Firstly, it creates a more comfortable riding experience by smoothening out road vibration and impact without sacrificing feel. Secondly, it improves rolling efficiency and traction, especially when cornering by distributing the contact area of the tyre over a wider surface area.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adapter (sold separately). The Instant Drive 360 freewheel engages at 9˚ increments, which reduces the amount of power you waste pushing the pedal before the freewheel is engaged.
Mavic's Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) and PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip with a supple 127 TPI construction. A durable kevlar breaker on the front and a polyamide breaker on the rear also enhances puncture protection.
Mavic's ISM rim technology reduces the wheelset's weight and inertia without compromising durability with an internal spoke milling across four dimensions. This technology reduces weight while also creating a smooth rim profile that helps to reduce drag.
Steel spokes are strong and reliable additions, while the aluminium ABS nipples are easy to access, allowing for maintenance.
Weighing 1650 grams this is the perfect wheelset for fast training rides or gruelling sportives, road or triathlon racing.
- Tyre casing: 127 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single compound
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) & PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres
- Tyre weight: 210 grams
- Dimension: 35-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- For greater longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to XD-R with optional driver body
- Front and rear axle quick release only
- Rim depth: 45mm. NACA profile brings low drag in any conditions
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Rim weight reduction: ISM
- Rim material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fibre
- Rim joint: SUP
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- UB control brake track
- Internal rim width: 17 mm
- Spoke material: Steel
- Spoke count: 16 front and 20 rear
- Nipples: Aluminum, ABS
- Spoke lacing: Front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Weight: 1650 grams (without tyres, 735 grams front and 915 rear)
- Includes: BR301 quick releases, rim tape, multifunction adjustment wrench, user guide