MAVIC COMETE PRO CARBON SL TUBULAR DISC WHEELSET 2018
Race ready and raring to go, the Mavic Comete Pro Carbon SL Tubular Disc Wheelset 2018 proves to be an excellent option for those wanting an aero advantage with precision control and stability in descents and blustery conditions. Superbly rigid yet compliant, this wheelset dominates steep challenges and flat-out sprints.
Exceptionally stiff, the full 3K carbon rim presents unrelenting power transfer whilst keeping the overall weight of the wheelset to just 1610 grams. Composed with a 64mm deep rim profile, this wheelset cuts through headwinds with its aero shaping, whilst the wide and rounded design effectively reduces drag and withstands crosswinds, assuring you of control and stability through fast descents and blustery winds. Optimised for wider tyres, the 25mm wide rim integrates perfectly with 25mm tyres, presenting reduced rolling resistance for optimal power transfers.
Adapted to modern braking advancements, the 24 spoked wheelset meets the testing demands of disc brakes by distributing the braking torque evenly for greater stopping power, whilst the 12mm thru axle work homogeneously to provide excellent stiffness and efficiency when pushing at full throttle or braking at the end of a hair-raising descent.
Finessed with the Instant Drive 360 freewheel, Mavic have ensured that each and every pedal stroke is rewarded with responsive power outputs and sensitive performance that responds to even 9 degrees of rotation to excel you up steep challenges and across flat-out sprints with excellent efficiency and power.
Equipped and ready to roll, Mavic have fitted this super light wheelset with the combination of their Yksion Pro GripLink and PowerLink tubular tyres, offering the perfect balance between confidence boosting grip on the front and low resistance efficiency on the rear.
- Front 12mm adapters
- Rear 12x142mm adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Specific disc bolts
- Valve extender
- User guide
Please note: Mavic wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight. For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels doesn't exceed 120kg, bike included. This wheelset is shipped with 12 x 142mm thru-end caps as standard. In order to make it QR compatible, part numbers V25108 and V26803 are required as well as skewers M40351 and M40350.
- Rim material: 3K carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 64mm
- ETRTO size: 28 inch tubular
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM or Campagnolo, convertible to XD-R with optional driver body
- Front and Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to quick release with optional adapters
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Brake: Centre lock disc
- Spoke material: Double butted steel, straight pull, aero
- Spoke count: 24
- Spoke lacing: Front crossed two, rear Isopulse
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- ASTM CATEGORY 2: Road and offroad with jumps less than 15cm
- Tyres: Tubular, 700x25c, Yksion Pro GripLink (front) and PowerLink (rear), single compound
- Tyre weight: 270 grams
- Weight (without tyre): 1610 grams pair
- Please note: Mavic wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight